Week 10: Cold Calling Draft Script

Hi, my name’s Ruth, I’m a student from Massey University working on my honours project. 

I’m looking to design teacher resources that help the process of planning coursework, as well as making it easier for teachers to incorporate learning diversity into their classrooms. 

I’d love to ask you 3 quick questions to validate my research so far, are you the right person to talk about this? 

No: 
All good, is there any chance you could pass me on to someone who could help? Or even pass on some contact details to call or email another time?

Yes:
Awesome! All right, so as I mentioned, my project is about supporting learning diversity in the classroom. I want to improve student engagement by helping teachers provide more diverse and effectively planned coursework. In your opinion, do you think there’s a need for something like this in schools? 

So far most of my research has come from articles, reports and studies, but I’d really love to actually experience what it’s like for teachers when they’re designing their classes. Do you have any professional development days coming up, and is there any chance I could come along for a little bit to see how it all works and chat to some of your teachers? I’d be happy to sign any confidentiality paperwork you’d require. 

In over the next few months I’ll be developing prototypes, and in semester two I’ll be designing an actual resource. Would your school be interested in helping me test these and giving me feedback for improvement as I go? I’d be happy to work in with whatever suits your staff for this.  

Thank you so much for your time! Would you like me to keep you updated with my research? 

Yes:
Do you have a preferred contact email for me to send this to?


Awesome, thank you! Have a lovely day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8: Understanding Engagement

Week 9: Feedback 'Speed Dating' Session

**Week 13: Teacher Interview