Week 5: Seminar- Innovation in the Experience Economy

Notes and observations from a talk by MK Haley (Professor at UCLA, Disney rep)

On Monday this week, I went to a seminar by MK Haley, Professor of UCLA, and representative of Disney (experience design.) 'Innovation in the Experience Economy." She talked about how creating experiences can be an important part of any sales, business, or marketing strategy, referencing The North Face Campaign: https://www.adweek.com/creativity/north-face-gave-these-shoppers-vr-experience-suddenly-got-awesomely-real-167900/.

I've been inspired by her guidelines; guides (POV), gossip (stories), and games (interactivity) which respectively becomes; 'make me aware, make me care, call to action'. These three key points are what's needed to build a great experience, so how can I translate these into education? That's what I'll continue researching this week.




(PHOTOS TAKEN WITH PERMISSION- AUTHOR: MK HALEY 2019)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8: Understanding Engagement

Week 9: Feedback 'Speed Dating' Session

**Week 13: Teacher Interview